09:15 am - 02:00 pmEvent Category: Click to Register
Richmond Park Cafe (near the cycle hire)
Please ensure you have registered for membership at claphamcycle.com (https://claphamcycle.com/) before attending
Are you a Purple rider and wanting to push to up Red? Or are you a borderline Red and a bit unsure? If so this could be ideal for you!
To get the most out of CC, getting to Red and above really helps, so we have designed this Purple to Red 6 week training programme to get you there. This has been carefully designed to ramp you up to the level of fitness and experience needed to come out on our red rides, and will finish just in time for summer!!.
Week / Route / Distance / Climb
Week 1 / Virgina Water / 80km / 446m – DONE
Week 2 / Windsor / 86km / 573m – DONE
Week 3 / Pancake Surrey Ride / 100km / 677m – DONE
Week 4 / Star Hill / 63.8km / 651m – DONE
Week 5 / Box Hill / 81.8km / 655m
Week 6 / Coldharbour (Short) / 89.9km / 947m
Be sure to check our ability guide here: https://claphamcycle.com/abilityguide/
The ride route is: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26726297
Please meet at the Colicci Cafe, Richmond Park at 09:15 for a prompt 09:30 departure (we need the extra time to split into groups etc.). We’re keen to leave on time, so if you arrive late you’ll have to catch us up.
Estimated Time – 5 Hrs – 2.00pm finish.
***** If you haven’t already, please read our Do’s and Don’ts carefully before RSVPing. ******
What To Bring
• A cycle helmet and lights (throughout Winter and in bad weather) are mandatory, for your own safety.
• Bring a spare inner tube, pump, and plenty of food & water.
• You will not need a bike lock.
• Only RSVP if you are serious about coming. If you no-show 3 times without 12 hours cancellation notice you will be removed from the group.
• DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITLIST.
• Keep a close eye on the group if you are on the waitlist as you’re often given a place nearer the time.
We have a Clapham Cycle Whatsapp group which is really useful if for some reason you do lose the group, as more than one person on the ride can see your messages. Join here: http://tiny.cc/sgxquy
Please remember to change your RSVP and advise us if you’re running late!
Any questions please post in the comments below:
Happy cycling 😊